Monday, July 28, 2008

Yarning


I am starting something new. Inspired by bloggers who knit and craft, I thought I would revive my basic skills and set my fingers to a practical task. I love the colour and detail of the tree bark, so I rifled about in my daughter's cupboard to find some great chunky wooden needles and this fabulous yarn. My idea is to create lots of squares using thick yarn in white, red and brown (perhaps yellow) and then stitch them together into a shawl or rug. I have no idea what I am doing.... but I'm going to have a go anyway.


Yarning, of course, also means story telling - the art of story telling is something I know a little more about because of my interest in writing. By employing physical skills - no matter how mediocre - I feel I am spinning out a narrative of my life, my sorrows and my hopes.




No comments: